BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the surface and temporarily reduces the underlying muscle activity that causes moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines in adults – to help them look visibly smoother.
Botox and Fillers
Learn the difference between Botox and fillers and the uses for each treatment.
Botox treats the wrinkles and lines in your forehead to give you a youthful and vibrant look. Look natural and beautiful at the same time.
Furrowing your eyebrows forms scowl lines. Lines between your eyebrows are called “11s” and can be smoothed out to bring back your youthful look.
Do you scrunch up your nose? When you do, bunny lines appear around the nose. Reduce those lines that make you look older with a treatment of Botox.
Do you look tired, and do people ask if you are mad or sad? Use Botox to lift your brow and help you look well-rested and refreshed.
Lines etched on the outer corners of your eyes are unflattering and can age you. Refresh your eye area with a Botox treatment.
Lip Lines/Lip flip
Notice the lines and wrinkles around your lips? Treat them with Botox and watch those lines disappear. A lip flip can soften the lines in and around the mouth, all while adding subtle volume to the lip.
If you have an orange peel or dimpled look to your chin, you can treat those deep lines with Botox. Injections of Botox will smooth the skin on your chin resulting in a smooth, less textured appearance.
Masseter (TMJ)/Face Slimming
Grinding your teeth and clenching your jaw causes pain plus difficulty chewing. Botox can relax your masseter muscles and decrease the pain. An added advantage? An injection of Botox into the masseter muscle will slim down your face.
If you have other lines or wrinkles you would like to decrease, ask for a consult, and we will tell you about your options using Botox.
- Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1-week pre and post-injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before or after your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- You can take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone).
- Do not use Botox if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or have a history of neurologic disorders.
* Please do not pursue this treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Stay in a vertical position for 4 hours following injection. Do not rest your head or lie down; sit upright.
- You may ice the injection area (but avoid firm pressure) during the first 24 hours to reduce swellling.
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort.
- Do not massage treated areas after treament.
- After treatment there will be moderate swelling and redness with possibility of bruising. You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising.
- Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.
- Avoid aerobic and strenuous exercise for 24 hours to reduce bruising. You may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.