There are many different products, services, and opinions when it comes to skin care. Let us help you learn what is the best out there right now! Let’s start with Dermaplaning. This is the most innovative new trend in skin care and it will explode into the most popular treatment out there in no time. It’s an effective exfoliation treatment without any harsh products that has you leaving the spa relaxed, rejuvenated, and with the smoothest skin you’ve ever felt. What could possibly be better than that? Let’s dig into what this new treatment is all about.
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is the newest beauty trend that has women essentially shaving their faces and revealing their amazing skin that’s been hiding. A trained professional takes a .10 blade scalpel and after cleansing the skin, gently moves it in at a 45-degree angle in an upward motion to remove layers of dead skin and vellus hair (peach fuzz). It’s not as scary as it sounds, I promise. The service is performed on dry skin to get the most effective exfoliation possible and it is a complete game-changer. Your skin will feel better than it ever has before.
What are the Benefits?
This procedure is fast and painless with virtually no downtime. The many benefits of dermaplaning make it the most stand-out treatment available for exfoliation right now. Here are some of the most beneficial factors of dermaplaning:
- It reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and minimizes open(?) pores
- It removes the top layer of skin, which allows products to penetrate more deeply for the best results
- While removing the dead skin cells, dermaplaning removes all of that vellus hair that we feel on our cheeks, sideburns, and elsewhere on our faces. Peach fuzz holds on to dirt and oil so not only will you get awesome exfoliation, but your skin will be cleaner, softer, and smoother.
- Dermaplaning is perfect for those with sensitive skin or who are hesitant to try new exfoliation products . It is also great for pregnant or lactating women who cannot get a chemical peel but still want those awesome results.
- The first layer of skin is removed which promotes collagen production leading to firmer, smoother skin. The collagen will also help to heal acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and even skin tone.
- And get this, ladies: you can apply makeup right away! It will be life-changing when you see how smooth and flawless your makeup looks because of how amazing your skin feels. Without all that dead skin cell buildup and peach fuzz in the way, you will be dewy, smooth, and ready to take on the world.
Myths about Dermaplaning
- It’s Painful – Dermaplaning is completely painless. The blade is moved across the skin so gently that it has been said to feel like a cat’s tongue or a credit card being moved along the skin.
- It makes the hair on my face thicker and/or darkerIt will not cause facial hair to grow back darker or thicker. The peach fuzz hair the dermaplane removes will not change when it grows back. No need to worry about that!
- I’ll have to wait a long time before exfoliating againYour skin will rejuvenate and allow the possibility of deep exfoliation every 14 days. This means you can come back and get another dermaplane in two weeks if you want to. (You probably will once you get the first one, you’ll be hooked!)
I do not have enough good things to say about Dermaplaning. It is a fast, painless treatment and the results you will get are beyond amazing. All these years men have gotten amazing deep exfoliation just from shaving so why shouldn’t we? However with Dermaplaning there is a deeper exfoliation because of the blade used. It is one sharp blade that handles it all and has us feeling perfect. Dermaplaning is truly the best way to reveal your skin’s best potential naturally and keep it looking fresh and flawless. I, for one, am completely hooked.